WSTB

Winston-Salem's Tallest Buildings and Skyscrapers
It is currently Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: RALEIGH
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:05 pm 

Living in Charlotte, and having worked in Raleigh for 3 1/2 years, I feel that residents and newcomers are in for a rude awakening once these 'blockbuster announcements' like Google and Apple get in place in the "Triangle". The roads and infrastructure in general is not up to par to handle traffic as it is now.....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:57 pm 

It's official and another win for the state! The Triad Bj posted this article: "Electric carmaker picks North Carolina for assembly plant, 7,500 jobs" https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/news/ ... plant.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:07 am 

And this will push the EV cluster more toward the Triangle than the Triad. A full automotive factory with battery plant included is now the main anchor everyone will talk about and the industry will want to cluster around. I think this site has a supplier park, too? It should be interesting to see the impact on Chatham County. I've heard about mega-subdivisions there! That whole area of the Triangle is booming. Raleigh-Durham is sprawling outward, as land/home/CRE prices go up and good development sites become difficult to find in the core. As I've said before, I do think this will become the major metro area in North Carolina in a few years. And with the sprawl, location away from the state line, and type of jobs, it's also the region that will have the greatest impact on turning North Carolina blue in elections.

The Mayor of Winston-Salem confirmed something I said. Many of the suppliers will see thousands of jobs being created at the OEM and will look elsewhere for their locations, so they don't have to compete for workers. Mayor Joines said they look 30-60 miles / roughly 50-100 kilometres from the OEM site. Winston-Salem is well positioned to benefit from BOOM and Toyota's battery factory. We just need to have sites / buildings available (be prepared).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:37 am 

I would love to see the city/county develop a special task force charged with the specific responsibility to ensure that the suppliers and support companies that will result from all these new "mega projects" locate in our area. The impact in new jobs from these mega projects (in addition to Apple and Google) has the potential to be freaking incredible for the state and I want our area to share in the success.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:06 pm 

Quote:
the suppliers and support companies that will result from all these new "mega projects" locate in our area.
This is, of course, a great idea and should be pursued with vigor. Additionally, I’d like W-S/Forsyth to be the location of a major company with surrounding areas gaining the support companies. Always a bridesmaid never a bride.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:38 pm 

This is from today's Triad Biz Journal: "FedEx is planning to open a large distribution center in a growing area of Chatham County.

FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) plans to operate out of a 338,000-square-foot distribution center in the small community of New Hill, a company spokesperson said. The facility – which is slated to open in early 2023 – sits along Pea Ridge Road near its intersection with U.S. Highway 1. The FedEx facility serves as the latest example of the bevy of development happening along the U.S. Highway 1 corridor from Raleigh down to Moore County.

The distribution center will sit near the future site of VinFast, the Vietnamese carmaker that last week announced it was building a manufacturing complex that will employ 7,500 people at the nearby Triangle Innovation Point megasite."

This is another great win for the state!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:24 pm 

Site of first Char-Grill in downtown Raleigh to be torn down, rebuilt alongside mixed-use 20-story building

https://www.wral.com/site-of-first-char ... TTFeq5PvS8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:03 pm 

Rumor has it that Legends Nightclub Complex at
330 W. Hargett St. will likely be replaced with a 30 story mixed use residential & retail tower. Legends has served the LGBTQ community since 1991.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7